In yesterday’s post – see here – I set out that you had to be #1 in your market, in some form, or risk your ability to grow and thrive.
But what are the different ways you can lead your market? Critically, it doesn’t need to be simply market share, though that can help. Rather, your form of leadership should be sufficiently attractive to your customers that it generates the returns necessary for your business to thrive.
Here are 25 ways you can lead your market. Which of these would best drive the profitable growth and success of your business?
- The biggest overall market share
- The biggest share of a particular city, region or country
- The most profitable player
- The biggest geographical reach (most countries served)
- Leadership of a particular channel
- The biggest share of a particular customer or market segment
- The lowest prices in your market
- The highest prices in your market
- The highest quality products
- The biggest range and choice
- The fastest turnaround and delivery time
- The most enjoyable customer experience
- The friendliest service
- The most expert service
- First for the latest fashion trends
- The most personalised and bespoke products, services and solutions
- The very best deals and offers
- The most hassle-free customer experience
- The coolest designs
- The most convenient locations
- The best customer rewards
- The greatest level of product and service innovation
- The most satisfied and loyal customers
- The most customers served
- Famous for going the extra mile
© Stuart Cross 2017. All rights reserved.