In my book, The CEO’s Strategy Handbook, I set out practical tools, lessons and insights to help CEOs and business leaders develop and deliver strategies that will accelerate success for their organisations. But what are the key behaviours and traits that make a strategic CEO. In the book I describe 12 characteristics. You can find more detail by buying the book – click here to download a free chapter – but here are six of the 12 traits:
- Strategic CEOs continuously raise the bar
- Strategic CEOs share a bigger picture
- Strategic CEOs create options
- Strategic CEOs are willing to make clear choices and trade-offs
- Strategic CEOs break through the silos
- Strategic CEOs build a strong team around them
Have you got what it takes to be a strategic CEO?
© Stuart Cross 2012. All rights reserved.