It’s that time of year again. Very soon, the schools will break for their summer vacation and many of us will be having a two-week break from work. With that in mind, your summer holidays are a great time to reflect on where you are now and what you should aim to achieve in the months ahead.
So whether you’re going to be lying by a pool, camping in a tent or simply having a few days at home, ask yourself these questions?
- What demonstrable improvements in your capabilities have you achieved since last summer, and where are you treading water or going backwards?
- Where could you best use your strengths to help your organisation achieve one of its key objectives?
- What lower priority activities can you either stop doing or significantly reduce your time investment, in order to improve your overall productivity and effectiveness?
- How clear are your team’s goals and priorities, and does everyone know what success looks like?
- Are all the members of your team playing to their strengths, with clear and stretching individual objectives?
- How would you rate your team’s overall effectiveness and what barriers to better performance does it face?
Organisational and Strategic Effectiveness
- How clear and compelling is your organisation’s strategy and priorities?
- How well engaged with the strategy are teams from across the organisation?
- What opportunities exist for better ongoing collaboration and more effective delivery of your operations and initiatives across departments?
Customer Impact Effectiveness
- What can you do to spend more time with your customers (internal and external), observing how they use your products or services and identifying new needs and opportunities?
- How can you and your team get more feedback from your customers to improve the value you deliver?
- What can you, your team and your organisation do to create stronger relationships with your customers, increasing their loyalty and their likelihood to recommend you to others?
© Stuart Cross 2016. All rights reserved.