I have recently been working with the executive team from the Bristan Group, the UK’s largest supplier of bathroom and kitchen taps, showers, shower enclosures, decorative heating and bathroom accessories, helping them to develop new growth strategies for the business.
Here is a summary of what we’ve achieved.
- New CEO, Jeremy Ling, reorganised the Bristan Group (itself a wholly-owned subsidiary of Masco Corporation in the US), establishing four trading divisions
- Jeremy, together with Lance Gillett (CFO) asked Morgan Cross Consulting to lead and facilitate the development of compelling growth strategies and plans for each of the divisions
- Create a robust and pragmatic process for each of the divisions to use in developing their strategies
- Facilitate key strategy off-sites involving over 30 of the Group’s top executives
- Establish high levels of commitment, enthusiasm and passion to the delivery of these strategies from each of the four leadership teams
- Develop the strategy development capabilities of the divisional executive teams
- The creation of a high-growth and high-profit strategy for Bristan Group and its four divisions, together with clear performance targets for the next five years
- A group-wide leadership agenda with specific strategic objectives embedded into each executive’s performance contract
- Sign-off to the strategy and associated plans by the Masco Corporation executives
- The complete project was delivered within eight weeks
What The Clients Say:
“Stuart delivered against my high expectations. Our leadership team unanimously believe that Stuart’s involvement has been instrumental in helping us develop a set of strategies for growth that are ambitious, robust and fully-owned by each divisional executive. I would definitely recommend other leaders looking to develop compelling and robust strategies for their companies or organisations to speak to Stuart.” Jeremy Ling, CEO, The Bristan Group
“Historically, our strategies and high-level plans have been developed by a small group of directors, distant from the some elements of the business. Stuart’s integrity, openness, pragmatism and professionalism enabled us to involve over 50 senior executives and key managers in a way that has transformed their level of engagement with the company’s future strategy. I now have real confidence that we have the strategic clarity, the specific plans and the executive ownership that will enable us to drive dramatic and sustainable growth for our business.” Lance Gillett, Chief Financial Officer, The Bristan Group