IT Strategy Development
In the summer of 2018, the Technology team at Lookers Plc, one of the UK’s leading car retailers, were looking to create a clearer strategy that embedded their work for the business, but also raised the team’s standards in terms of delivery excellence and customer service.
- We designed and ran a 3-day session for the wider technology leadership team – 20 IT leaders
- We focused on helping the team to create a set of goals and approaches that were motivational, stretching and achievable
- Throughout the sessions, the focus was on involvement, engagement, constructive challenge and creative thinking.
- The team created a clear strategy under 4 key areas – Better Experience, Simplifying IT, Working Together and Keeping the Business Safe – and these high-level strategies were broken down into specific plans with a mix of short- and medium-term actions
- Within 6 months of the workshop, the leadership team found that internal customers began to rate the IT service far more positively
- What’s more, colleagues from across IT have become more positive about working at Lookers with a #OneTeam buzz around the department
“Stuart’s extensive subject knowledge and his sense of humour made for an enjoyable and, more importantly, productive series of strategy sessions. The message was clear and his methods were very effective – creating our new strategy seemed easy! We have seen great results from this engagement and a strategy that is now embedded across the business.”
Group IT Director,
Morgan Cross Consulting Ltd
PO Box 9210
Newark, NG24 9EG